Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Superstar

Today we took our annual field trip to the middle school. Each year we take the 5th graders to see the middle school and give them a taste of what next year will be like. The 5th graders are always terrified when they go. They have all heard all these horror stories about the middle school that they will attend. It is not a bad school or any different then any other middle school, they just think it is.

As much fun as it is to watch the 5th graders tremble in fear of middle school, this is not my favorite part of the day. I LOVE to see all my former students who now attend middle school. This year was especially special because my first class is now in the 8th grade, so I knew many of the students I saw. Everywhere I turned I was greeted with "HEY MISS FINNEGAN" and waves of delight. It was really fun to see all their happy faces. The best part was seeing my favorite 7th grader, who pretended not to know me and getting tackled by one of my student's from last year.

I tell you what... I felt like a SUPERSTAR. Everywhere I went someone was calling my name and waving just like I was a famous movie star. Like I said yesterday, the kids are the reason why I do what I do. Seeing their faces filled with joy at seeing me, made me feel special. Most of all it made everything I do and did all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment