Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Case of the Fallen Monitor

As promised yesterday I will share the story about the computer monitor...

Friday, I took my students to the computer lab. We have been doing this each and every Friday since school began. They entered the lab just like they have for 36 weeks, but this time tragedy stuck the room. I heard a gasp and turned to see on of the computer monitors hanging from the wires off the edge of the table. So miss calm and cool walked over to investigate. The kids told me what happened...and it sounded like it was just an accident. I have learned this year that my kids do actually tell me the truth about what happens. So, I believed that the table was bumped and the monitor was unstable and just fell. It is totally possible.

I reported the accident to the lady in charge of the computers and she said it was ok and that she would fix it. Well my AP saw her carrying the monitor out of the lab and questioned her. Therefore, emailing me about the children. He called them into his office and freaked them out. Personally, I don't think that is fair... to freak out a child but no one asked me.

As it stands, the kids are not in trouble, I stood up for them and told my AP that it was an accident and there was no horseplay involved... but it was funny when I told the boys they had to pay for it... the told them I was kidding!!! I am so evil sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment