Friday, August 5, 2011

Long Time, No See

Well the summer has officially come and gone. It was a much needed one for me.

The past year and a half has been very trying and challenging for me in my personal life. I also had an interesting school year last year. With this being said, I needed the break. Even though summer is supposed to be all rest and play for teachers, I worked in addition to resting and playing. I spent the summer coaching a summer league swim team. It was a great little job. It gave me something to do during my time off but also allowed me to enjoy my time off. I also spent a lot of time alone enjoy the peace and quiet. I have come to love my apartment and the quietness of being in it.

In addition to working and relaxing, I played... a lot. In June, I went to Las Vegas with my dad and had an amazing time. I had never been there and I loved every minute of it. The sites, food, and shows were fabulous. I cannot wait to go back. Las Vegas defiantly romanced its way into my heart.
The end of the summer came with two trips to the beach. These trips were much needed since I had acquired a tennis shoe and watch tan from coaching and heaven forbid I go back to school with it. I spent a few days in Florida with my family and then a week on Isle of Palms in Charleston, South Carolina with friends. Both trips were restful and full of sun and laughing.

Overall, my break was fabulous. I took a lot of much needed Ms. Finnegan time and I am ready to be back in the swing of things. As my principle stated, "Teaching is one of the only professions where you get a fresh start every year." Here's to a fresh start both professionally and personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment