Thursday, August 18, 2011

HOOOOORay for Cupcakes

The first week of school brought so much joy and excitement into my life. I am elated to see what this year will bring me. My class last year was a challenge, but in the end I knew that each one of those children was placed in my class for a reason. This year however, I have a very different class and I can not wait to see what the year will hold. I believe this class was given to me as an answer to my summer prayers

One of my goals this year is to spend more time and effort doing things for my students. I want to plan lessons that will challenge my gifted students and also have the opportunities to help my struggling students. I want to provide opportunities for my students to love learning and being at school.

With that being said, I also want to do "little" things for my students. I sent them all postcards in the mail the first day of school. We celebrate birthdays with singing, gifts, and cards. For the first Friday, I made sweet treats for them. Our classroom theme is to be wise like an owl. I found this cute design for owl cupcakes and made them for the class. They were delicious, moist and fun. The best part was that the kids LOVED them and that made me happy.

It looks like I will be making macaroni and cheese for them in the coming weeks. I have several students who have told me that they have never had home made. I, of course, will fix this and make a pan for them to try at lunch. To me, it is really all about the "little" things.


2 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! You are such a wonderful teacher. Your students are so lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon - what a fantastic teacher you are!!! I know you'll have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete