Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Morning Meeting

Upon the return of my students from their Thanksgiving break, I decided to have a morning meeting where the students could share about their holiday.

They were asked to share 2 things:

1. The best thing or memory from the week


2. Their favorite food from the week.


Several shared stories of being with family. 2 students decided it was appropriate to share that their family members had a bit too much to drink and made for an entertaining holiday in their eyes. The kids slept and played video games. I had one who came back on crutches after having to have stitches in is leg. But my most favorite comment of all was this, "My mom is too Asian to cook Thanksgiving food, so we went to Golden Corral."

I also learned that my students love turkey, Macaroni and Cheese, and pumpkin pie.

It is moments like these that make me love my children and spending time with them.








No comments:

Post a Comment